Thursday, November 29, 2012

Compliments Of The Season Tag

The tag I want to show
you today is a combination of old and new. I inked this #8 manila tag with Ranger's Weathered Wood, Tattered Rose and Vintage Photo then gave it a spray with Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold. Then I proceeded to cover it all up???...


What's the point?
Well, I changed the image that I was going to use to something a bit larger. When going through my box of last Christmas's odds and ends, I found this piece from Graphic 45's Christmas Emporium and knew I had to use it on this tag!


I love this collection!
I had saved every tiny piece I had left over from my cards and tags last year. 


My tag wasn't quite
sturdy enough for all the embellishments I had planned, so I pulled out a sheet of cardboard from an old Pixie Dust Paperie kit, cut a square and glued it to the G45 image. Edged it with some Vintage Photo DI and added it to the tag layered on top of a paper doily.


I glued a section of 
American Craft crocheted lace to the bottom, then added I Am Roses flowers and leaves that were misted with Lindy's Stamp Gang Scintillating Silver Glitz Spritz. The time piece is from Prima and is topped with a My Mind's Eye brad.


I cut three snowflakes
from a scrap of white cardstock with Alterations Mini Snowflakes die. Adhered on red rhinestones from a pack from TPC Studio that is nearly empty, and popped them up with 3-D foam squares, the last of that pack, too.


A sheer bow at the
top completes my odds and ends Christmas tag... and I have a sense of satisfaction knowing that these bits and bobs haven't gone to waste.

I'm entering my tag at:

Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Tags
Crafting for All Seasons - Use Flowers
Tuesday Throwdown - Lots of Layers

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!
Linda

12 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

gorgeous tag and worth all the work love all the layered details thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown
Carol DT x

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous tag, Linda!! All of the layers are stunning!! I love the beautiful flowers!! This is fabulous!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracy said...

You always make such wonderful tags Linda. Great combination of elements and the white really pops. Hugs!
P.S. The Old Mill is a MUST for us. :-) Haven't had the turkey, but their chicken and dumplings is scrumptious!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How beautiful!!!!!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Linda - Beautiful! It sounds like the tag was gorgeous even without all the embellishments ;) Sometimes you just have to go where your creativity is leading even if it means heading in a different direction! Thanks for joining us at SOS this week!
Blessings,
Michelle

Audrey Pettit said...

Absolutely stunning bits and bobs tag, Linda! I so smiled over your creative process comments........isn't it funny that we can go to so much work, and then cover it all up??? You just never know where the muse is going to take you. And it's a good thing you follow yours because your holiday tags are absolutely breathtaking!

lauren bergold said...

i'm sooooooooo happy to hear that other ppl do that sort of thing, too, it gives me hope!!! :) :) :) especially when the "other person" is someone as talented as you, and the results are such total GORGEOUSNESS!!! love this!!! ♥

Ros Crawford said...

This is gorgeous ... I just love that little clock tucked in there ...

Unknown said...

Stunning creation Linda .

What a fantastic tag card .
Thank you for joining us this time for our FLOWERS Challenge at Crafting for all Seasons .
Good Luck Hugs Elaine

emma mitchell said...

Oh wow this tag is stunning .
Thanks for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge .
Hugs Emma xx

CarlaKH said...

Gorgeous! I love the bits and pieces ...they all come together so prettily on this tag! Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Bianca said...

What a wonderfull and so very stunning tag! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...