Friday, November 2, 2012

Flowers In 3D

When it comes to cards,
there is nothing I like better than to pile on the flowers... unless it's a masculine one. The saying "Less is More" doesn't apply in this case, because as I see it "More is just Right"! There's a challenge at Shopping Our Stash to add at least one (in my case... as many as will fit and still be able to open) dimensional flower to your project. This is the result of my flower obsession...


A total of seven
flowers, four green leaves and two natural skeleton leaves all from I Am Roses.


Usually I mist them,
but today they are straight from the package.


The card base is
Bazzill's Cream Puff textured cardstock and the mats are Jet Black textured (not sure from where but probably Core'dinations).


The papers are Prima's
Nature Garden "Fairy Godmother" and Fairy Belle "Le Youlle". The Distress Ink is Antique Linen. The paper doily is from my stash.


This mat was cut with
Spellbinder's Fleur De Lis Squares die and machine stitched to the Prima piece. The metal corners are by Momenta. 


A couple of new pens
from my husband, The Penmaker. This one is Black Ash Burl.


He's also found a
source for this presentation showcase and has them in three different stains.


The black section on
this one is Buffalo Horn. If you click on the photo and look close, you'll see grayish streaks through it.


Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs!
Linda

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I'm LOLing over your post. HAHAHA! So funny. I love your flowers, and also the pens! I took classes to make wooden pens, and I totally appreciate the skill.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Audrey Pettit said...

Holy Cow! What a stunning card, Linda! I am with you........the more flowers and the more dimension, the better! This is just jaw-dropping, my friend!
And WOW also on the new pens! The Penmaker has outdone himself, again!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful card and beautiful pens ... Love the flowers and your style ...

Alica said...

beautiful! love the dies and flowers too! The pens are really cool too!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...