Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Tag "With Love At Christmas"


Here's a Christmas tag
that I created from some scraps of assorted paper collections and topped with a die-cut ornament from Kaisercraft's St. Nicholas, Petaloo flowers and pine sprigs cut with Alterations Tattered Pinecone die.



I've been shopping for
Christmas gifts today... online... and finding that's the only way to do it! At least for me! I remember when I was a kid, how much fun it was to get on the bus and go downtown to buy gifts for my family. The store windows were decked out with elaborate displays and jingling bells were heard at every street corner. When you made a purchase, a gift box and bow were added in to your bag as the clerk wished you a "Merry Christmas".  I can still see the colored lights strung across the streets and feel the crunch of snow under my rubber boots as my sister and I hurried along with our precious bundles clutched in our mittened hands.
Ummm... those times are gone
forever replaced with a computer, a shopping list and credit card... but the joy of giving is still in my heart. I still love buying gifts for whose I love... because one day a long, long time ago, my Saviour was born and give His life for me. It's a time to remember, a time to give... and I've had a happy day today shopping and remembering!
Have a happy Wednesday!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Your tags are so lovely Linda. Hope you're feeling better. Been struggling with some health issues myself and its no fun at this time off year. Hugs!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Lovely tag Linda!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tag. Take care of yourself..

Hugs~

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I too remember the old fashioned Christmas ... Aren't we lucky that we had those ...

Davi said...

Sometimes I sure miss the old day!! The tag is gorgeous Linda, love the spray you created to go on it! Knowing the real reason for celebrating Christmas does make you want to give to others for sure :) Have a great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...