Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Vintage Ladies' Card


After making such a large amount of pocket cards, it's time to do just a standard 4" x 5 1/2" side opening, kraft based card. Do you sometimes find yourself in the habit of making every project in the same size, color scheme, style, and grabbing for that same bottle of molding paste or white gesso? I definitely have that problem, and am determined to shift gears and head a new way. For awhile any how!


As I said, kraft card stock base, although I did stick with Graphic 45's A Ladies' Diary, but only because it was handy on my table. I have got to force myself to put it back in it's box and pull out something else. I piled on several layers of paper and used 3-D adhesive foam in between most of them. I inked with Antique Linen Distress.


The fuchsia blooms are Petaloo Botanicas... my very favorite flowers at this time. I mixed in some ivory May Arts burlap string bows.


The doily was cut with Alterations Distress Doily. The little pearl clusters are from The Funkie Junkie Boutique. 


I cut a piece from an ecru vintage lace doily and layered it with my chipboard vintage lady. Uhmmm... I like this card. It's a happy day!!!

And a
Happy Father's Day to all of you dads out there! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Thank you for stopping by!
Linda

3 comments:

June Houck said...

Love your vintage ladies!

Audrey Pettit said...

I really love the vintage ladies on here, too! Love the chippie overlapped onto the line-up in the background, peeking from the top of the flowers. And as always, love all your layers and details. You do the most fun things with that doily die!

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Linda! That image is so wonderfully vintage, what an amazing contrast with your big luscious flowers!! Love that stand alone pearl, such an elegant touch! hugs :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...