Thursday, July 9, 2015

Back in Time... Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden

 

Do you remember the excitement this collection stirred? It seemed like everyone was making cards and layouts with it. I know from the first moment I laid eyes on it, I fell in love. I have been hoarding some partial sheets and bits of these gorgeous papers not wanting to let go, but... the time has come. After making this card, I have just a few scraps left... sob. That's the life of a paper artist... you have to let go!


The flowers are Petaloo Botanica in pistachio. The fern was cut with Alterations Holiday Greens Thinlits and the doily is their Distress Doily die.


The pearl and flower flourish is an oldie by Prima.


My main image die cut stack was cut with Die-namics Layered Label die. I sponged on Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.


The seam binding ribbon was a gift.


I'm not real happy with letting go of these papers, and I haven't seen anything new released that I like as well, but I can't keep everything in a box. And hopefully this card will bring a smile to someone's face and be a blessing.

Thank you for stopping by!
Linda

10 comments:

Samra said...

This is gorgeous Linda!!! What a fabulous vintage card! Love all the pretty layers and fabulous pearls!

Davi said...

Oh I do love this beauty Linda!! One of my favorite colors and the layers, flowers and the pretty pearls do show off the sweet image! I love that you makes these with the tags tucked in!!

Lisa said...

It's absolutely stunning, Linda!! That's one of my all-time favorite paper stacks and I've tried to hoard a few pieces, too!! I love the beautiful design and the details!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Stella said...

I loved them just as much as you but used thes epapers immediately. I guess it's a sort of classic style that suits a lot of people. It really is a jawdropper.
My style in cardmaking has changed but I have a place in my heart for cards like this. You added lovely details and embellishments. Wow!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Beautiful layering and use of mixed media Linda!
greetings, Alie

Pamellia said...

Wow Linda, this one goes in my top ten for sure!! Green never looked so gorgeous and I just love how you can make your cards look so soft and magical!! Stunning stunning stunning!! hugs :)

Ros Crawford said...

Sorry I've been MIA for a while ... You've been busy creating some beautiful things here my friend ... I particularly like that masculine pocket card! Have a lovely day and a lovely week!

Ros Crawford said...

Sorry I've been MIA for a while ... You've been busy creating some beautiful things here my friend ... I particularly like that masculine pocket card! Have a lovely day and a lovely week!

Tracy said...

Beautiful! I've got some of this collection hoarded too. hee hee All those layers are so wonderful.

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, Linda! I can tell how much you adore these papers with all the love you've poured into this! You do the most amazing things with your dies, my friend! And do you ever rock the layers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...