Friday, August 7, 2015

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder Pocket Card and Beautiful Pens


Hi friends! My de-stashing is still moving forward. Today's papers are from My Mind's Eye, and again, I can remember purchasing these at Archiver's in Fairlawn a few years back. The MME papers are such high quality... it's a pleasure to create with them.


 The bloom is a Petaloo Botanica.


Edging layers cut with Alterations Torn Notebook.


The mini paper clip is from Idea-ology and the ink is Frayed Burlap Distress.


I believe this 3-D sticker is from K & Company. The package was missing and I had just a couple stickers left on the sheet.


The only trouble with using this paper is the after effects...


there was red and copper glitter all over my face and hands. I haven't bought any MME lately. Are they still so lavish with glitter?
I'm really back logged on showing cards and pens, so this is going to be a pretty photo heavy post. 


I'd like to show you two of the Penmaker's latest little gems.


This is a black titanium writing instrument. The wood and acrylic blank was handmade in Canada.


The artist calls them burl caps and they're made one at a time.


The Penmaker applied his special finish to it and his final product is pretty amazing.


This one he calls his stick shift.


This is in antique brass. The design is based off a five-speed H pattern. This can be shifted just like the real thing. How neat is that!


If you chick on the photo and zoom in, you can see the fabulous pattern in this blank. It's carbon fiber... a cutting edge reinforced polymer... five times stronger than steel, but ultra lightweight.


Thanks for sticking with me through all the photos. I hope they were interesting... we love creating them and sharing them with you.
We have been super busy this summer, mostly with getting around to our son's speaking engagements and screenings of his movie. Last month, he and his team were in NY shooting for the next film. I guess that means that our winter will be equally as busy. It's good we're retired. LOL

Thank you for stopping by!
Linda

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I have to say that MME is my absolute favorite paper company. In fact I've got so many 6 x 6 pads that I haven't bought any in quite a while trying to use them up. I don't believe their doing much glitter on any of those but I'm not sure about the 12 x 12 sheets. Love the way you did the sentiment and that fun notebook edge. Looks like the penmaker has been super busy. Amazing work from you both. Hugs!

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Linda! Love the row of flowers you added on the tag, and that ripped notebook border adds a certain flaire that just grabs the eye! Love it! hugs :)

~amy~ said...

simply beautiful!

Davi said...

This is SO beautiful Linda!! I love the papers and the bird cages. The red flower is a beautiful embellies with them. I just love the way you make these with the tags they are awesome!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable my friend! I love how that gorgeous big blossom pops against the mostly neutral background, and I love the little cluster with the birdcages you added to the top. Creates the perfect balance on here. And you are making me wonder why I've never gotten that torn notebook die. I'm thinking I need to rectify that!
Tell the Penmaker he is rocking his pens! LOVE the unique findings he uses! That burl is stunning. Seriously love the gear shift lever, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...