Sunday, July 24, 2016

Stand By Me Card


Awhile back I wanted to try making a card with the less is more theory. I think my cards are more noted for having layer upon layer of stuff, but for this one I felt the wood pattern paper needed to stand out.


The few layers I did add are mostly scrap pieces... those beauties you just can't bear to throw away that will work on something at sometime. (You all know what I mean.)


The little bit of lace was another treasure on the pile on my desk awaiting a home in my art  journal or on a card. The Noted is a wood icon from Prima.


My Stand By Me sticker is from the Bo Bunny Juliet collection, as are some of these other papers.


The ticket is a Tim Holtz ephemera piece, the wood clip is by Darice...


and the tiny stained heart is from my favorite wood shop in the Smoky Mountains.


Even with cutting down on layers, I just have to add flowers... these being an assortment of Prima and I Am Roses.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...