Thursday, March 23, 2017

In Every Walk With Nature Pocket Card With A Magnet


In going through my stash looking for embellishments I haven't used in awhile, I found a whole stack of laser cut wood magnets I purchased from my favorite wood dealer in Gatlinburg, TN. I remember buying these to put on cards, getting them home, promptly wrapping them in tissue, and putting them away... two years ago.Well, it's still a great idea, so I'm executing it... with just a bit of delay.


I wanted a way to create the card so I wouldn't have to glue down the magnet. I found by building up some layers and adding flowers, I could just tuck the magnet in place and it would hold.


The base of my pocket card is Prima's Romantique from the Sweet Fairy collection. The other papers are by Graphic 45. In place of a tag, I inserted a G 45 post card. The lace is from my stash... just a scrap I found in the bottom of one of my trims boxes. The center flower is an oldie by Prima and the purple velvet ones are Petaloo. The bow is wrinkled purple seam binding.


The G 45 birds and nest image is popped up with 3-D foam. The doily was cut with Alterations Thinlits Doily 2.


I added another layer under the spot where the magnet fits, so when you remove it, the card is still finished nicely. I put on an additional wood piece (the butterfly) by the same craftsman.
Hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...