Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Praying For You Card With Avery Elle


Is it August already? 
Summer is flying by, and what a wonderful one we've had in our neck of the woods. I don't think we've had a mosquito yet... and we live beside a river. Fantastic!!! My shade garden is the prettiest it's ever looked. The only downside... I miss our sweet Cassidy running around in it chasing out the snakes and rabbits. How long does it take to get over losing a longtime pet?


Recently, I purchased my first set of Avery Elle stamps and dies from Simon Says Stamp, and I'm more than thrilled with them. I've been trying lately to do more cards in a simpler manner so I can mail them in regular envelopes. This set is called Sentimental Too. I used the die to cut the you. I love the long length of these dies and the thinness. 


I didn't use the stamps on this card, but an older set I had from Verve that teamed nicely with the die-cut. My card base is a standard white pre-made from Core'dinations and the papers are a mix of older 6x6 pads from My Minds Eye. I used Alterations Thinlits Stitched Rectangles for the image mat and the thin strips. I cut the Praying for labels with Thinlits Labels set. I can't remember where I got the bird image. It's been laying on my desk in a pile of other similar ones, so it was time to put it to use.


Have a happy August 1st, my friends!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

Very sweet! Love the bird image, and the long script style of the die cut font, too!
Sorry to hear about the loss of your precious fur baby! I am suffering from the loss of my beloved Crissy, who I lost in May, so I truly feel your pain! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...